Friday, July 31, 2009

Camping and Kayaking.

Ellen and I both enjoy being outdoors and camping is something both of us have enjoyed in the past. Last week for the first time we were able to get a chance to go camping together. I soon realized that are ideas of camping were different. I have grown up in scouts and my camping experiences have mainly consisted of either scout camp, or one night adventures. Scout camp was spent sleeping in army tents with uncomfortable cots. The one night adventures would basically be leaving after school on a Friday, getting to the campsite, which was usually a field or the side of a mountain, and throwing up a tent before dark making a fire with limited supply and sleeping on the ground. Ellen's idea of camping is slightly different. She always had fancy stoves and blow up mattresses, along with plenty of supplies. Our first camping trip together fell somewhere in between. We went to Wilderness cove campground in Saluda NC. Our faithful sidekick Chloe came along for the ride. We had a great time and spent most of Saturday in our kayaks on the river. Ellen has been kayaking for over 2 years and me well about 2 years less than she has. I was nervous at the very beginning bc I had never done it before and apparently that was the first time Ellen has ever seen me nervous. I really am thankfull I have a wonderful fiance that with go out and enjoy the outdoors with me. My knee still is giving me problems so we will have to hold off on the hiking but chloe loved camping and we made some progress on her fear of water. Pictures will come soon Ellen has them on her camera. oh and less than 11 months until we get married.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoy camping and being outdoors and that you are marrying someone with your same interests! My idea of camping is our travel trailer and that is as "roughing" it as I get..hahaha! Can't wait to see the pictures...I bet you had a ball kayaking! Fun!

    ReplyDelete