Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beautiful Eyes


So after much contemplation I have decided to create a blog. Many reason have combined to make me sit down and stare at my computer screen and punch some keys click some buttons in hope of making this blog thing work. One reason is that I am engaged. So consequently many post will be about the planning, trails, blessings and experiences surrounding our big day. Another reason is my knee hurts. It has taken me 1 mom, 2 surgeons, 3 MRIs and 4 physical therapists to realize how serious my knee injury was. My mind says go go go my body keeps yelling no no no so I spend a lot of my day sitting on the couch in hopes my knee will one day not be in constant pain. I figured for my first post I could tell a little story about Ellen and I. Growing up in Charlotte I thought I was a pretty smart kid. I knew a lot of things and always was the smart kid in my classes. One thing I didn't know a lot about was girls. I always liked girls and do not think I ever went through a girls have cooties stage. There was this one little foxy number I wanted to holler at but wanted to make sure she liked me first. After much thought I got some great advice from an older friend. He told me that it was so easy to know if a girl liked you or not. All you had to do was look into her eyes and if she smiled she liked you. I remember like it was yesterday I was in my third grade class room and was on the computer that faced the wall. I turned around and there was Ellen. I just sat there and stared at her hoping she would look my way. When she did our eyes met and that smile I loved beamed back at me. Thats when I knew Ellen Helm liked me so you can say,"it started way back in third grade"

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog! and your story and love you and ellen...hang in there with the knee, it will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited that you have a blog! And I hope that you keep posting because I miss you and want to know what you are doing and the things you are thinking. And I love Ellen too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay...I'm so glad you have a blog and I love your story of how you met and then met again..how cool is that? We love Ellen in our family and it meant the world to me that y'all came and let balloons go for my Noah...thank you! We had a blast with you at the beach and I look forward to many more fun times...hang in there...your knee will one day get better! I am excited to keep up with all the wedding planning stuff...welcome to our crazy family Ellen..you are a beautiful addition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love y'alls history together- Ithink its precious!

    ReplyDelete